Sunday, March 12, 2006

I have been fainting ever since Super Bowl Sunday. So finally on Tuesday I went to the doctor. It turns out that I am hypoglycemic and anemic and that's what was causing me to faint. So now I am having to take 65 mg of iron twice a day and eat small frequent meals to keep my blood sugar levels up. I am not sure if it's all because of the gastric bypass surgery I had a year ago but part of it is. I have always been border line anemic so it didn't surprise me that I was anemic. I guess I am not eating enough or something and that's why I am hypoglycemic. But it's all working itself out now. I go back to the doctor in 4 weeks to check my levels then and hopefully they are all okay.

Because of my being anemic and stuff the doctor advised me not to get pregnant until my iron levels are up. So I guess we will have to wait on the baby making. But I really think every thing happens for a reason so it just wasn't meant to be for me to get pregnant at this point in my life.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Grunt said...

Glad you got it figured out. Fainting would be scary while not knowing what the cause was.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home