Monday, January 23, 2006

Sunday in the ER

This 'mom' comes in and is in a panic because she thinks her baby has a cold.....I am sorry did she just say cold? Yes that's right, she really thought that a cold was an emergency. I mean really, it could have waited till Monday and she could have taken her to her primary care physicians but apparently that is too much thinking for her little head. So I have the Mom start filling out the paperwork for her child and the Mom stops and asks "umm...does Medicaid cover this?" I advised that yes they cover and ER visit. She goes on to tell me that while she was pregnant she came in a couple of times for observation and that Medicaid doesn't cover that and now she is drowning in medical debt. I told she just needed to send in $5 a month every single month and that way it will show being paid on her credit report. She kept going on and on about how they didn't cover her visits. The whole time she telling the stories she keeps sniffing and sniffing and sniffing. So I asked her if she needed to be seen as well, and she said she felt fine, she was just worried about the baby. So she is out in the waiting room waiting to be triaged and she won't shut up. She is talking to every single patient waiting to be seen. All the patients keep looking back at me with this 'HELP ME PLEASE' look but there is nothing I can do to make her shut up. Finally after two hours of me observing her rambling in the ER I am convinced she is a tweeker. The girl was super thin, talked super fast,kept sniffing and wouldn't shut the fuck up. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

I also had some bleached blonde chick decided to send her grandmother up to cuss me out because she was having to wait. Hello you fucking idiots...it's an ER. We are busy, we always are especially on Sunday's, so get over it. If it's nothing major go to a med center, unless you have Medicaid cuz they won't accept it. So if it's not an EMERGENCY wait till Monday and go to the doctor. IDIOTS. I love them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pokey said...

A tweeker is some one who does crank.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home