Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Must Bring Out The Idiots

So here I am working in the ER on Thanksgiving. So far I have had nothing but idiots. My first patient thought she might have an ear infection and apparently it can't wait till Monday or till tomorrow to go to an after hours clinic. I have also had a kid who had poison ivy a little baby who has a rash, a girl who got punched in the face by ex-husband and he might have broken her nose, two people who think their appendix ruptured. I think they just ate too much and that's why their belly hurts yo. The only legitimate patient we have had today is a guy who has cancer and now has blood clots all up and down his leg and it was swelling.

My favorite so far is this lady who brought her daughter in for an ear ache and the first words out of her mouth were "Do you guys take Medicaid?" Which is the free insurance that people with low income qualify for and my tax dollars pay for. Your child is sick..how is that your first question?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't like your job....QUIT!! If the only coverage you had was Medicaid you would be asking, too!!! Try to be a little more tolerant because when a person doesn't work in an ER the way you get treated is wayyyyy different. WE have to put up with YOU!!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Pokey said...

I have no problem with my job actually. There are days I need to vent about it, but for the most part I like my job. I think everyone gets sick of thier job at some point so we vent about it and move on.

I have no problem with people having medicaid, but when your child is sick that really shouldn't be first question out of your mouth. I would be more concerned with my child's health than whether or not I was in network at a hospital.

12:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So very true, Pokey. And if the person was so serious about their comment, why did they post it anonymous?

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home