Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ice Storm

Sunday evening an ice storm hit here in Tulsa. Thanks to that storm, most of the city has been without power. I am one of the lucky ones who never lost power; we only lost some tree limbs out of our tree out front. My work lost power so I haven't been into work since Friday...awwwhh it's been nice! I just got word though that the lights have come back on but we have no heat and our computers don't work, so I still have to go in tomorrow; I just won't be able to do my job and I will have to do some filing or something. This way I won't have to go through all my PTO time so I don't mind going in. When you drive up down the streets here in Tulsa it looks like a war zone or something. In most neighborhoods you can't even see the streets because of all the limbs blanketing the streets. Driving down Peoria the power lines are all over roads, it's pretty dangerous to say the least. For now the ice is melted and people are starting to slowly get power back and return to normal, but we are suppose to get snow Friday night but I am sure it won't accumulate to much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home